Tuesday, October 7, 2008

new river video

I used to climb hills and ledges along the river bank. But time and life has kept me from doing for a long time. LOL starting yesterday was like a new experience. These old bones have not been used in this way for years. I sat on a pile of rocks to do a little watercolor sketch. Ow was all I could say. Haven't sat on rocks in a while and I had to climb up a ledge to get back up to the road to get back to my car. I was thinking I have begun to get inspired by an artist that does the into the arctic videos journal. http://www.intothearctic.com/ You can follow him along in his journeys, and I love downloading them to my zen to watch while I'm sitting quietly. I can now appreciate his daring to do what he does and finds the strength to paint along the way. While I may be inspired, his bones are better then mine. Well I will really try to keep pushing along and if you follow along say a prayer I don't break one of those bones as I lug my gear along to play with. Well I tried to upload a video but this site is slower then You Tube, so maybe I will do that tomorrow when I have more time. At any rate the pictures I did upload are along the river path. The monument is a tribute to the people in the county that died on 9/11. I never thought that it would survive the flooding we get but so far it stands in memorial of that fateful day that took the lives and futures of so many people. "Gone in an instant, but never forgotten".
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1258426441/bclid1260669427/bctid1562781544

No comments: